Thank you for considering donating clothing and household items to the National Kidney Foundation of Florida Clothing Donation Program.
In general, we accept clothing and small household items such as dishes, garden tools, kitchen accessories, sporting goods and small appliances.
The Clothing Donation Program is not equipped to pick up furniture, large appliances, or any items needing repair. If your clothing and household donations are being picked up by our drivers, please only leave items that can be reasonably and safely loaded by one person.
See below for a specific list of Clothing Donation Program items we can and cannot accept.
The following is a list of Clothing Donation Program donations we CAN accept.
- Clothing (childrens, mens, womens - any condition)
- Clothing (bathing suits, undergarments, lingerie)
- Shoes (any condition)
- Bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows, bed-skirts, etc.)
- Bric-a-brac, knick knacks
- Artwork (pictures, wall decorations)
- Baby Items (highchairs, cribs-disassembled, etc.)
see non-acceptable items
- Books (paperback or hardback)
- Cameras (unused film, camera cases, camera stands, lenses)
- Car items (mats, seat/car covers, bug deflectors)
- CDs/DVDs any format
- Crafts (baskets, beads, tools, supplies)
- Dishes (china, glasses)
- Furniture (small items ONLY)***
- Glassware (coffee mugs, bar glasses, etc.)
- Holiday Decorations (any season)
- Garden Tools (garden hoses, lawnmowers, etc.)
- Jewelry (costume, genuine, etc.)
- Kitchen Accessories (gadgets, small appliances, pots & pans, silverware)
- Lamps & Lampshades
- Microwaves (microwave stands) *
- Music Boxes
- Music Instruments (horns, drums, flute, etc.)
- Office Supplies (calculators, desk organizers)
- Picture Frames
- Photo Albums
- Purses (wallets, handbags, duffle bags, luggage)
- Radios, Cell Phones, MP# Players, Headphones *
- Record Players *
- School Supplies (backpacks, lunch boxes, etc.)
- Sewing Machines (material, patterns, tapestry, knitting needles)
- Silk Plants
- Sporting Goods (skates, balls, bats, fishing rods, etc.)
- Stereos (speakers, cords, plugs, stereo cabinets, etc.)
- Step Stools
- Tapes (Blank, Cassette, 8-Track)
- Tape Recorders
- Toys & Games (stuffed animals) **
- Video Players/Games (Nintendo, Gamecube, Atari, etc.) *
- VCRs, DVD players, CD players, electronics*
- Window Treatments (Blinds, Curtains)
Non-Acceptable Clothing Donation Program Donations
The following is a list of Clothing Donation Program items we CANNOT accept.
- Animals (live)
- Appliances (refrigerator, freezer)
- Automobiles (please call for assistance)
- Building Materials
- Canned Food
- Cash (please call the office for specific instructions)
- Carpeting, Construction Material
- Chemicals (paint, oil, gasoline, liquids)
- Children's Bikes
- Children's Toys (painted metal, painted wood)
- Computers (printers, computer supplies & programs due to disposal resstrictions)
- Gas Grills
- Items requiring a title (boats, cars, waverunner, trailers, etc.)
- Pallets, wood
- Plants (live)
- Propane Tanks
- Trash (items donated should be useable)
- Water Heaters
* These donations must be in working order due to new disposal restrictions.
** Please consult the US Product Safety Commission (http://www.cpsc.gov/) for additional information on your particular items. Many items may be unusable because of recalls related to safety, lead based paint, or for other reasons. Without packaging it may be difficult to tell what has been donated. We ask the original purchaser to research each particular item prior to donating . Items manufactured after 2/10/2009 have already complied with new laws and no research is necessary.
*** Please call the office to see if a special pick up is available.