National Kidney Foundation of Florida
The mission of the National Kidney Foundation of Florida charity is to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation. The NKFFL is a registered 501c3 and is a major voluntary non-profit health organization and is recognized by the Better Business Bureau to meet all 20 standards for charity accountability.
The National Kidney Foundation conducts many different types of charitable fundraising activities to provide services to families and patients in need. Our clothing donation and truck pick up program is just one way you can help support this benevolent charity. By donating your used clothing and household items, you can provide needed support for our mission and help Floridians.
How It Works
Five Ways the Clothing Donation Program Helps NKFFL
- Increases awareness of the NKFFL and their mission.
- Educates the public about Kidney Disease
- Provides valuable funding (totaling more than $2.5 million over the program tenure
- Creates an avenue to reach donors and gain new donors; provides for marketing in tertiary markets without the cost to the organization.
- Provides an alternative to cash donations so anyone can get involved.
Your Donations Help
- Fund valuable programs and research that help Floridians
- Put items in the hands of people who can use them instead of landfills
- Provide jobs and low cost shopping opportunities
How does the Clothing Donation Program process work?
For over 30 years, the National Kidney Foundation of Florida charity has partnered with local Sunshine Thrift Stores to collect donated clothing and household items which are sold in the thrift stores. Proceeds help fund valuable, charitable programs and services of the National Kidney Foundation of Florida. Pick ups are free and all Clothing Donation Program benefits and dollars stay in your local community.
Why doesn't the National Kidney Foundation of Florida charity use my donated items directly?
Enlisting a trusted partner to collect, clean, sort, and repackage items donated to the Clothing Donation Program allows us to focus our charitable resources on our mission and programs.
In addition to generating funds for our programs, the stores we work with that sell the clothing and household items provide a valuable community service through jobs and low-cost shopping opportunities for families on limited budgets. The company recycles most items it can’t use, keeping waste out of the landfill.
More Information about the National Kidney Foundation
The National Kidney Foundation of Florida is a vital resource for kidney patients and their families - helping them learn how to cope with the physical and psychological aspects of the disease and providing them with hope for the future.
- Donate today!
- National Kidney Foundation of Florida
- Contact Us Today
- About kidney disease
- Fast Facts