Clothing Donation Program
Clean out your closet...
The National Kidney Foundation conducts many different types of charitable fundraising activities to provide services to families and patients in need. Our clothing donation and truck pick up program is just one way you can help support this benevolent charity. By donating your used clothing and household items, you can provide needed support for our mission and help Floridians. Your items remain in the community (no exporting) and unusable items are recycled when possible.
What Can I Donate?
Thank you for considering donating clothing and household items to the National Kidney Foundation of Florida Clothing Donation Program.
Examples of popular items
In general, we accept clothing and small household items such as dishes, garden tools, kitchen accessories, sporting goods and small appliances.
The Clothing Donation Program is not equipped to pick up furniture, large appliances, or any items needing repair. If your clothing and household donations are being picked up by our drivers, please only leave items that can be reasonably and safely loaded by one person.
Click below for a specific list of Clothing Donation Program items we can and cannot accept.
Find a Dropoff Location
Our Drop Off Locations
Want a community drop box in your neighborhood? Tell us!
Top 10 Ways the Clothing Donation Program Helps NKFFL
- Increases awareness of the NKFFL and their mission.
- Spreads the word about Kidney disease. More people die from kidney disease than breast cancer or prostate cancer each year.
- Provides valuable funding (totaling almost $3 million since inception).
- Creates an avenue to reach donors and gain new donors.
- Provides alternative to cash donations so anyone can help.
- Outsourcing to a specialist allows NKFFL to focus on their core mission and patients.
- Provides income with no risk, management or expense.
- Marketing of the program with no expense to NKFFL.
- The entire process benefits the local community.
- NKFFL receives benefit of partnering with 40 years of industry experience.
Host a Clothing Donation Drive!Looking for a group project for your school, faith group or organization? Students, looking for school volunteer hours? Organize a clothing drive for the National Kidney Foundation of Florida!
Just follow these 5 simple steps
- Contact our office at 877-448-2453. We can assist in providing helpful materials.
- Schedule a pickup or drop off date.
- Share the word with your members.
- Get your items to the National Kidney Foundation
- Thanks for your donation!
How it works?
Pack all your donations.
When you're ready, simply pack your donation items into large plastic bags or boxes.Items we accept
Schedule a pickup or drop off.
Have us come by your location for pickup or drop them off as any of our convenient locations.Schedule a pick up
Find a location
Collect your IRS tax receipt.
After donations have been received, a tax receipt will be provided directly to you.Learn more